Sunday, February 8, 2009

Using RSS Feeds

I was recently introduced to RSS feeds. I had heard about them before, but had never actually tried using them. Honestly, I was not sure how useful they were going to be at first.

I decided to use them for my professional development. One thing that I want to accomplish in my teaching is to make students see that mathematics is relevant to their world. I want their learning to match the kind of mathematics that they will be doing in the real world. I would like to see that the material is applicable to situations outside of the classroom. I created a folder using Google Reader titled Math News & Information. I have added and will be continuing to add sites that have up to date information on how mathematics is being used in the real world. I can share the news with my students and show them how important mathematics is. I also created a folder titled Education News & Information. The sites I included in this folder has teaching tips, information about curriculum, teaching policies, etc. I can take different things I learn using these feeds and apply them to my teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.